ADMB Installation Mac XCode
Apple Developer Tools (XCode) must be installed from http://developer.apple.com/xcode/.
- Download the 32 or 64 bit MacOS dmg file from the downloads tab of this website.
- Open ADMB dmg file.
- In the mounted disk image "ADMB 11", copy "ADMB-11 Terminal" to the "Applications" folder.
Describes the procedure for building and running the ADMB simple example.
- Open Terminal located in /Applications/Utilities, then type admb for Usage options.
- Copy the "simple" model from the examples directory.
$ cp -R /usr/local/admb/examples/admb/simple .
- Must change to the copied simple directory.
$ cd simple
- Build the simple example.
$ admb simple
- Run the simple example.
- If those commands give output like that shown in the screenshot below, your installation is a success. Consult the ADMB manual for description of the simple output files.